The RPMAhealthcare platform is a comprehensive Telemedicine solution for doctors, healthcare professionals, clinics, hospitals, and businesses providing remote care for patients. The RPMAhealthcare solution integrates with existing IT infrastructures and offers open interfaces, enabling configurations that meet both patients’ and hospitals’ needs. Patients input their healthcare data through a user-friendly App, and healthcare professionals use the online portal to engage with them and view their health records. The solution supports secure and convenient communication between patients and clinicians with video calling and in-App messaging features.
Remote Patient Screening & Monitoring
Telehealth technology is continually advancing and can be used to monitor various health issues, such as diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), pregnancy, and other illnesses. The RPMAhealthcare solution helps to formulate an efficient and reliable healthcare plan to meet the needs of patients anywhere, at any given time. It provides the following significant benefits to both healthcare providers and patients via a connected-healthcare approach:
- Remote patient monitoring, which allows providers and patients to eliminate distance and time barriers and, in turn, reduces operational and administrative costs.
- Cost-effectiveness –Telehealth applications software is customizable according to the clients’ needs.
- Improved access for rural and older citizens.
- Time-saving for both patients and healthcare providers as it involves quicker diagnosis and prescription process.
- Enhancement of the patient experience and the quality of healthcare. Patients can also simply and easily connect to a healthcare provider using a smartphone, or any other gadget.
- Support and integration of all patient devices (medical or consumer) to monitor critical health parameters.
Need for RPMAhealthcare
With an aging population, the current healthcare expenditure in the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) is projected to reach US$104.6 Bn by 2022, implying a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.6%. This indicates a significant need for cost-effective, patient-centric healthcare solutions. This cumulative need for healthcare services places an ever-increasing strain on public finances, raising healthcare delivery costs and the corresponding reimbursement uncertainties for healthcare providers and escalating individual healthcare expenditure. Hospitals are increasingly turning to technology and automation to reduce the strain on an already fragile system.