RPMA Pregnancy was built with a participatory design approach on a user-friendly, open-source platform and developed in collaboration between patients and professionals. The underlying methods have been developed in close co-operation between public healthcare providers, research institutions, and private Telehealth enterprises.
Assessment & Engagement
- Prenatal Consultation → Schedule → Clinician Review
- The RPMA Pregnancy solution measures patients’ physical and biochemical parameters on a daily or weekly basis.
- It has advanced cardiac parameters to identify pre-acute events.
- It includes maternal anxiety screening.
- It’s designed to identify mental health difficulties and support early intervention.
- Results are stored in a report so that healthcare providers can keep track of the baby’s and mother’s health.
- Healthcare providers suggest preventive measures if a biochemical inconsistency is detected.
- The solution helps to anticipate the patients’ needs.
Treatment & Remote Patient Care
- It provides an innovative enhancement to classical face-to-face consultations, bringing together patient-reported and clinical data.
- It includes a wearable abdominal ECG monitor (>28 weeks).
- It includes postnatal depression screening.
- It empowers pregnant mothers to manage their health during pregnancy. Based on the best evidence and national guidelines, it also provides 24-hour self-management, expert advice, and support for patients with complications.
- It gives patients 24/7 access to a range of powerful tools to educate themselves, optimize their self-management, monitor their symptoms, and improve their overall quality of life.
- With the solution, preterm-labor stays in the hospital were down by 13 days.
- Days of antenatal hospitalization were down by 14.7 days.
- Total costs were reduced by 77%.
For healthcare providers/governments, the solution
- Is cost-effective and reduces days in a hospital bed,
- Improves access & resource usage,
- Promotes long-term lifestyle changes,
- Allows entire population screening & monitoring,
- Creates huge savings in care delivery, and
- Reduces the cost of healthcare.
For clinicians/doctors, the solution
- Monitors patients’ vital signs,
- Supports any clinical protocols,
- Improves staff utilization,
- Provides data for early intervention,
- Integrates with existing health systems,
- Improves the patient experience, and
- Increases treatment compliance.
For patients, the solution
- Is convenient – it’s easily accessible from home,
- Allows patients to manage their own health,
- Improves preventive care,
- Allows for direct patient involvement in care, and
- It is easily adopted – mobiles are used 75+ times, daily, by everybody today.